We use licensed U.S. Postal Service (USPS) and commercial software to code and evaluate address records from an agency that holds a current 4 year NCOA license. We ensure that records include complete street name, pre/post directional, secondary address components (i.e. apt number or rural route), ZIP+4, and carrier route etc. Overall data quality checks are built into each product and maintenance cycle to ensure a continuous flow for the highest quality data. These include:
- Process Control – standard routines and steps for processing updates, producing reports, editing data and disseminating status.
- Statistical Quality Control – weekly runs that record and measure national frequencies and pattern distributions for over 150 variables by update and output exception reports for review and action.
- Detail Level Measurement – comparison of a sample of update records at the name/address level and monitor changes applied through the update process.
We periodically re-evaluate each source to ensure that original data standards are being followed. These processes include:
- Licensed USPS Products – monthly source processing through postal products including National Change of Address (NCOA), Locatable Address Conversion System (LACS), Delivery Sequence File (DSF), etc.
- First Class Mail Deliverability Testing – monthly sample name/address mailings designed to evaluate household mobility and completeness of address.
- Electronic Directory Assistance – name/address lookups against up-to-date Regional Bell databases to confirm accuracy of name, address and telephone number.
- Syndicated Research and Telephone Analysis – validation of data elements and recency through matching of records against syndicated research files and telephone validation.